Friday, October 17, 2014

When Can I Start??

     All the approvals were issued, the equipment and material were in place, the money to pay my Haitian team was (will be?) advanced, my staff was trained and ready to be hired, I was all set to start the project next week.

     Or so I thought.

     On Thursday afternoon I asked the three people whom I planned to hire to come to Christianville. We all met with Herold, the Christianville Director, who explained the positions and how C’ville would be handling the hiring and salary. The contracts will be drawn up for their signatures next week. So we have begun. My staff is hired.

     Right after we met with Herold, Makendy drove me and my staff to the Gressier clinic to meet with Dr. Celestin, the clinic administrator. The meeting at the clinic did not go as well as I had hoped. Dr. Celestin does not want us to start until November 3. I had planned to start next week. He wants us to use his lab and lab technician for blood draws. I had planned for my staff to do their own blood draws. He wants me to hire a “Facilitator”. I had told him previously that we do not need one.  The rooms we will be using are not furnished. One room has only a desk. The other room has no furniture at all. I was frustrated and disappointed, but calm. We left the clinic and returned to C’ville.

Time to move to plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment